Wedding Ideas - 50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
A 50th anniversary gift commemorates a milestone most married couples wish to reach. What can you possibly give a couple after 50 years of marriage? The most meaningful wedding anniversary gift is one that comes from the heart: to express your love and appreciation towards all that they mean to you, how their staying married through the thick and thin of life has influenced you, to tell about the warm and loving memories you shared with them throughout the years.
The 50th anniversary is commemorated by gold and the flower is violet. A gift certainly doesn't have to be gold, wrap a gift in gold paper or paper decorated with violets.
50th anniversary gift ideas for the couple
- Keepsake personalized anniversary gifts, such as a photo quilt or pillow
- Monthly or quarterly lo-carb, dietetic or fruit gift baskets
- Restore their wedding photo and place in a gold frame
- Have a painting or caricature made out of their wedding photo
- As they probably don't cook for themselves as much, gift certificates to restaurants would be appreciated
- A gift of theater or concert subscription tickets. Make them a patron with VIP privileges
- The children can create a 50th anniversary keepsake journal gift. Ask family and friends to write a paragraph or two to share a memory with their parents. Or ask for a photo with the couple that the children don't have and write a caption about it
- Instead of a guest book, buy a music box and fill it with messages of love written on gold or handmade paper from family and friends
- Are they up for a cruise? Take them on a weekend or week long cruise. They probably will enjoy sharing this vacation with others
- What could help them personally? Can you lease a car for them? Pay for a kitchen or other home renovation?
- Do they golf? Pay for private lessons or a VIP membership at their favorite club. Buy 2 clubs, have them engraved and then gold plated
- What hobbies do they enjoy? Give them gift certificates for a spending spree at their favorite craft or hobby store
- Buy tickets to a favorite event and pay for their lodging and food expenses
- Do they volunteer or have a favorite charity? Contribute to their favorite organization. Find out if a plaque or some other special mention can be made in their name
Your love and attention will be the most appreciated 50th anniversary gift you can give your parents or a couple. Make the time for those you love!